Just add water, oil and yeast to French White Bread Mix to make bread loaves, sandwich/sub buns, pizza crust, hamburger buns, and focaccia.
Make sure to oil pans, spatulas, hamburger rings, and gloves as you work with the dough.
Use the following pan sizes and dough weights:
4x8 inch Loaf Pan
Pizza - if possible choose a pan with edges, even a cake pan will work
- 9 inch pan = 7 oz dough
- 10 inch pan = 11 oz dough
- 11 inch pan = 13 oz dough
- 12 inch pan = 14.5 oz dough
- 14 inch pan = 17.5 oz dough
7x3 inch foil pan = 7 oz dough
1x3 inch hamburger ring = 3-3.5 oz dough
Two 8 inch or 9 inch cake pans
Basic Directions for Making Dough
In a mixing bowl:
1. Add 11 oz. (1-1/3 cups rounded) warm (not hot) water.
2. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Stir.
3. Add 2 tablespoons yeast (or 2 packets of yeast) to water/oil.
4. Stir water, oil, and yeast.
5. Add entire bag of Judee's Gluten Free French White Bread Mix.
6. Using an electric mixer, mix for 3 minutes.
Prepare pan for dough.
With baking spray, spray 4x8 pan. Place all dough in the pan.
Spray the top of the dough and the spatula. Using the spatula, shape dough in the pan to even it out. Cut three diagonal 1/8 inch deep slits across the top.
Let rise 40-60 min.
Preheat oven to 400°
Bake for 35-38 min.
(Cover with foil after 15-20 min.) Take out of pan. Bread will be firm. Let cool 1 hour. Bread will soften.
Enjoy now or wrap with plastic or foil for later. Slice after 4 hours.